Saturday, November 24, 2012

Corduroy Charm Pack Quilt for Baby and Toddler Boy

I would have to say this is my favorite quilt that I have completed so far. I found a cotton corduroy that is soft and light-weight and knew I had to make it part of the quilt for my baby nephew that is due to be joining us in a couple months :) I had some Riley Blake, So Sophie charm pack squares on hand and pulled out all the 'boy' prints and had plenty for what I wanted to do with this project. I backed it with a dark brown cotton poly blend, and used an off-white bias tape to bind the edges. To quilt this one, I simply stitched around the squares, then across so the block pattern is duplicated in the quilting on the back side. Very happy with this one and I hope this special little man will get lots of use out of it :D

The dark squares are a dark brown,  they look black on my monitor!


You can follow me on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jujubeancreatio
Also, please take a moment to become a member or follower of this blog, just look for the link to your right :D Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment