Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chunky crayons for tots

Recently I tried out making my toddler his own chunky crayons. It was actually pretty neat to get them all melted down. I went out and purchased a large package of crayons to make these, but if you have older kids and tons of used crayons that works great too. Super easy to do. Just peel all your crayons (using a knife to cut the label makes it so much easier!), group your colors and fill up a mini-muffin pan. Set your oven on 275 and check on them after 5 minutes, I think these took several minutes to melt down all the way. After they come out you can stir them with a toothpick to blend your colors. I found even with doing this the lighter stuff settled to the bottom, I kinda like the effect though. After they come out let your pan cool down then you can stick them in the freezer for a bit to hurry the hardening process along. Pop them out and your done!


After stirring.

Awesome new crayons, perfect for little hands :)

No comments:

Post a Comment