Saturday, November 5, 2011

Welcome to my blog, so here goes a first post...

Here are some recent items I've been working on:

Some new owls in the making. On the right we have my new larger owl pattern, the front panel was assembled in strips below the face, scroll down to see the finished product. Under this owl is a new quilt awaiting binding. Both owl and quilt were made from Riley Blake 'Love Birds' Collection of fabric. To the left an owl I'm making from felted wool. I've been snagging up men's wool sweaters and felting them in the wash. This paticular navy blue turned out so thick and soft.




I'm so thrilled with how these came out!


This little guy is gorgeous I must say. I even named him. His name is 'Midnight'. I'm so glad I decided to change his beak color. All the stitched details are done with a metalic silver thread. I just love him, and someone else must have too because he sold quick! My first item to sell in fact since I reopened my shop recently, so exciting. Now my eyes are peeled for more navy blue wool sweaters because I think these color combinations are fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment